3M HIS Sr. Software Engineer (Atlanta, GA)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer for the Health Information Systems located in Atlanta, GA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges while preparing for tomorrow's. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
Sr. Software Engineer Job Summary:
3M Health Information Systems is hiring for developers from New Grad to Senior level experience.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will be helping with today's challenges, while preparing for tomorrow's. You will be challenged daily on exciting large-scale projects with the latest technologies. You will be part of a team that has meaningful work and makes a difference for both domestic and international healthcare markets. If you have a strong technical background with the ability to efficiently solve challenging problems, you would be set up to be very successful in this position and have a positive impact quickly. Join US!
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Sr. Software Engineer Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Be an active member of a scrum team by participating in all phases of SDLC, including design, software development and code reviews
* Develop software components based on requirements, architecture and design specifications
* Work with fellow software engineers, software architects, quality (QA) engineers, full-stack developers, and other engineering/development team members to design and build required systems
* Coordinate and communicate with clinical analysts, product analysts, quality analysts, and other software engineers
* Ensure 3M applications integrate with 3rd party vendor software required to deliver the required solutions to 3M customers.
* Adhere to team design and coding procedures and standards
* Contribute to Security and Risk assessments to aid in the deployment of application components in Production
* Help resolve escalated customer support issues
* Interact with customers to resolve operational problems and determine customer requirements
* Actively participate in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and act in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards.
Sr. Software Engineer Basic Qualifications:
* Possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university OR High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Software Development in lieu of the Bachelor's degree education requirement
Sr. Software Engineer Preferred Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related discipline
* Demonstrated track record of delivering high-visibility projects on a tight timeline
* Experience with web application security
* Experience developing and delivering commercial enterprise software
* Familiarity with continuous integration
* Solid understanding of software design principles and architectural patterns
* Health Information Systems experience in an IT, Software Engineering, Software Development role.
* Experience working in an Agile environment with strong test automation and continuous deployment
* Strong experience with cloud architectures and development of large-scale hosted applications
* Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
* Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically
Location: Atlanta, GA
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel may be required
Relocation: Maybe authorized
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Associated topics: .net, application developer, architect, backend, back end, c/c++, design pattern, develop, devops, expert
Loading some great jobs for you...