AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world's most complex and serious diseases. Description
Position will be responsible to oversee the day to day development of SAP applications, including software design, coding, testing, debugging, and requirements documentation. This position is responsible for partnering with multiple process leads and project management to provide guidance to project teams, driving effective issue management with and communication to key stakeholders, and delivering successful end results. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams, managing multiple tasks/assignments with staggered due dates and deadlines through effective time management skills
- Knowledge of SAP Database structures/tables for various functional modules, OER, SAP Fiori, SAP HANA, Native HANA and SAP ABAP language is required
- High degree of independent decision making required. Must be a self-motivated and pro-active leader and possess a strong decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Anticipates and recommends technical solutions to business problems. Accountable for maintainability, reliability, and availability of systems solutions relative to business expectations.
- Negotiate, secures, oversee and ensure that resources are available to meet the daily operational demands of the area.
- Oversee and control department budgets, project capital/RCE expenditures & ROI: develop, monitor and meet expense and recovery plans; continually look for opportunities for cost reductions and cost avoidance.
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners.
- Manages 5 - 15 employees/contractors, direct/indirect at varying levels of the Project Management job family.
- Direct Budget Resp: $500M - $4MM.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled Basic
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in software engineering, business, information systems, or a discipline closely related to the client area served.
- Minimum of 20 years of experience including 10 years hands on SAP technical development and implementation plus 3-5 years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. GMP).
- Hands-on experience planning and facilitating blue print workshops.
- Strong understanding of developing complex interfaces.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in high stress and high pressure situations.
- Effective communication and influencing Senior Leaders in business and IT.
- Coaching and mentoring business and IT resources to ensure effective and sustainable application designs.
- Ability to travel globally.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Working knowledge of AbbVie Systems, and processes related to, business systems analysis, software development and deployment. Previous experience working on ERP upgrade project, OER implementation and hands on ABAP development experience required.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to realty Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: .net, c/c++, devops, expert, java, maven, php, project architect, senior software developer, software architect