We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Sr. Product Manager
The Sr. Product Manager drives the strategy and initiatives for the AAM Engine Component and Electrification Product lines. S/he is responsible for the product planning and execution of existing products and new product introduction, throughout the stages of the Product Lifecycle, including: understanding the overall market trends and impacts, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support in direct support of market superiority, and product line profitability.
- Utilizes full resources to develop and define the overall strategy for the products within his/her portfolio. This includes researching, listing and delivering a detailed product strategy package yearly.
- Developing, validating and tracking all product/project initiatives tied to the Powertrain portfolio.
- Partner with global sales teams to capture feedback on products and customer, supplier, competitor analysis and/or technology advancements and documents results in various templates.
- Defines and establishes the product roadmaps for all products in the portfolio. Collaborate closely with the business unit product/technology teams, customers, technology symposiums, and strategy teams to create, validate, and publish product roadmaps.
- Partner with Sales & Customers to best understand future product placement and pricing needs. Drives roadmap adherence.
- Identify relevant product and market trends affecting current and future products within the portfolio
- Collect market and competitor intelligence
- Leads the Product Development Gate Review Process for all new technologies or products that fill a gap, or significantly enhance the Powertrain portfolio.
- Formulating and documenting the business cases for investment in R&D, new products and acquisitions
- Initiating definition of next generation products
- Steering the innovation process
- Stimulate and bridge M&A activities with the Business Unit Leader and Corporate Strategy team
- Assist the Business Unit Leader by driving profitable growth and Product Positioning
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities where applicable
- Drives and/or enhances customer engagement to best understand direction and timing of the customs product and technology planning.
- Teams with the AAM Sales team to best position the product line and value proposition for the maximum benefit of the company. Ideally influencing the customer toward the AAM solutions in upcoming RFIs and RFQs.
- Builds, maintains and drives the Case Study activities
- Advises / directs internal and/or external teams on needed direction of product positioning and timing
- Partner with finance for near or real time product costs / revenue / investment detail
- Creates, maintains and disseminates product documentation across applicable systems
- Understands marketing trends within targeted regional markets.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and deliver important projects through to completion
- Demonstrate competency in maintaining project documents using approved methodology, tools, and templates
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects including schedules, budgets, and project deliverables.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering required (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in the automotive industry, 5+ years in a product management capacity
- Must have a solid understanding of LRPP trends
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, etc.)
- Knowledge of standard new product development and introduction
- Ability to influence all levels of the business (from manufacturing through the CEO)
- Knowledge of engine component (VCS, Connecting Rods) and/or electrification products are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resum ]
. AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.