- Bank of America
- $82,775.00 -127,300.00/year*
179 Forbes St
L&SS is in need of an Operational Capacity Modeler. This analyst will be responsible for working with algorithm / simulation-based approaches applied primarily to volume forecast output to drive line of business's FTE and budgetary planning activities. This person should have a keen eye for details, a strong education background simulation / optimization modeling, as well as an ability to explain their results intuitively to a non-technical audience. This individual will need to partner with the teams they support to drive an intuitive understanding of the business and what drives it, to then be able to analyze that strategic story and fold it into their FTE plan. This is a very good role for recent graduates, and analysts with moderate experience. This FTE optimization modeling approach for L&SS is just getting off the ground, and the person hired into this role will have an integral part to play in helping innovate the process and set the standards of this approach for the group.
Responsible for developing quantitative/analytic models and applications in support of the firm's risk management effort. This role focuses on the development of operations/data management policies, strategies and operational guidelines for the organization's various financial products as they relate to the analysis, tracking, and reporting of various risk metrics. This role often possesses an advanced degree in physics, applied mathematics, statistics/probability or another heavy quantitative discipline. Quantitative analytic staff is focused on and responsible for the development of the theory and mathematics behind various models. Individual Contributor and reports to Quant Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
* Responsible for developing and delivering resource optimization models for Life and Specialty Services environment.
* Responsible for identifying data requirements and gathering data through automated or manual techniques to support resource optimization models.
* Will use resource optimization models to answer business questions, support process improvements, and direct financial forecasting.
Additional responsibilities of this position based on experience will include:
* Analysis of volume detail and trends to support volume forecasting, resource modeling, and cost allocation processes.
* Development and documentation of data sources in support of expanding business knowledge.
* Use of mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operations research techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.) and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines to solve ad-hoc problems and analysis.
* Development of Activity Based Costing models in order to support unit cost analysis and to calculate benefits of improvement projects.
* Analyzes actual and predictable interacting operational activities of a business system to obtain quantitative, rational basis for decision making through the application of logic and scientific or economic disciplines and techniques.
* Work on usually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
* Technical proficiency in discrete event simulation, linear programming, tableau, and excel.
* Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or the similar Field of Study
* Experience doing analysis of operations environments focused on improving results, optimizing decisions, or resource planning.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* High aptitude for self-motivation and self-determined project work.
* Natural Curiosity and drive to answer important business questions
* Experience with modeling languages like OPL-Studio, AMPL, GAMS, Arena/SIMAN, Extend, ProModel, iGrafx, or similar programs
* Advanced degree and 2+ years related experience.
* Technical skills in SQL, SAS, and/or Python
Posting Date: 08/01/2019
Location: Phoenix, AZ, COLLIER CENTER, 201 E WASHINGTON ST, Chandler, AZ, Building D, 2505 W CHANDLER BLVD, Phoenix, AZ, SOUTH MOUNTAIN BLDG, 1825 E BUCKEYE RD, Brea, CA, 275 Valencia Ave (CA7701), Newark, DE, Christiana II, 1000 Samoset Dr, Tampa, FL, EKMAN CENTER OFFICE, 4109 Gandy Blvd, Jacksonville, FL, BANK OF AMERICA OFFICE PARK, 9000 SOUTHSIDE BLVD BLDG 600, Charlotte, NC, GATEWAY VILLAGE, 900 W TRADE ST, Greensboro, NC, BANK OF AMERICA TRIAD CENTER, 4161 PIEDMONT PKWY, Riverside, RI, 3400 Pawtucket Ave (RI1530), Fort Worth, TX, 4200 AMON CARTER BLVD (TX2980), Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044), - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift
Weekly Schedule: M-F 8-5
Associated topics: .net, application, backend, c c++, develop, developer, devops, programming, python, software programmer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...