Associate Director - Tools for Clear Speech Program
Compensation: $132,420.00 - $206,040.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
**Job Title:** Associate Director - Tools for Clear Speech Program
**Job ID:** 21248
**Location:** Baruch College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
The Tools for Clear Speech (TfCS) program improves the pronunciation, fluency, and pragmatic abilities of English language learners (ELLs) and non-native English speakers at Baruch College. Our participants achieve more effective and intelligible communication, developing skills that empower them to achieve success in their classrooms, careers, and beyond. Through collaboration with peer support units in the Division of Teaching and Learning, TfCS enriches the diversity of the College by providing opportunities to foster intercultural communication, inclusion, and global awareness among the Colleges multicultural and multilingual community.
Reporting to the Director of TfCS, the Associate Director collaborates in all areas of programming, staff management, development, and administration of the program, with primary leadership over several specific domains within these categories.
The TfCS Associate Director will:
- Develop new and support extant face-to-face and online curricula and student programming, taking a primary leadership role on such projects.
- Assist the director in researching and integrating best practices in TESOL and Applied Linguistics into the curriculum to better serve and advocate for the Colleges English Language Learners.
- Design and oversee formative and summative assessments of student learning and pedagogical effectiveness; analyze and present assessment results; make recommendations for process and programmatic improvements.
- Develop and oversee the staffs semesterly norming sessions of oral communication assessment delivery and scoring.
- Design, implement, and oversee professional development programming for TfCS staff, including recommendations for the integration of research-based pedagogies and best practices, programmatic policies and procedures, annual staff observations, and regular informal feedback
- Create workshops, lecture series, forums, and training opportunities on diversity, inclusion, equity, and equality to increase cultural competence within the College community.
- Represent TfCS at meetings, events, conferences, and on relevant College service committees.
- Work directly with students in one-to-one consultations and small-group settings, when necessary.
- Assist the director in completing program-relevant objectives in the Colleges Strategic Plan.
- Serve in director's absence as necessary such as overseeing staff management, payroll, and TfCSs general operations.
Bachelors Degree and six years' related experience (advanced degree may substitute for up to two years' work experience).
Candidates must have at least two years of higher education academic support experience, including administrative responsibilities. A degree in a related field such as TESOL or Applied Linguistics is strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following: significant experience in tutoring and teaching oral communication skills to culturally, linguistically, and academically diverse populations of college students; expertise in TESOL pedagogy, instructional technology, curriculum development, assessment, and field-related research; experience authoring grant applications and proposals; excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills; strong oral, written, and digital communication skills; the ability to navigate complex institutional systems; and attention to detail and accuracy.
**CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW**
Manages curriculum development and operations of a College's specialized academic program under the direction of a senior administrator.
- Implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
- Assists Director with outcome assessment and strategic planning to further develop program offerings
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- Serves as resource expert regarding program policies and procedures
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- May act on behalf of Director in his/her absence
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Manager
Higher Education Associate
**COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS**
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
*Pursuant to the New York City Health Benefits Summary Program Description, all City of New York employees, and employees of Participating Employers, hired on or after July 1, 2019, will only be eligible to enroll in the EmblemHealth HIP HMO Preferred Plan, and must remain in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan for the first 365 days of employment.
After 365 days of employment, the employee will have the option of either remaining in the HIP HMO Preferred Plan or selecting a different health plan within 30 days before the end of the 365 day period. If a new health plan is selected, the new plan will be effective on the 366th day.
An employee who needs to request an exemption to this requirement can do so by submitting an Opt-Out Request Form for review and approval. See below link for additional information.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions below. Please upload a resume and cover letter. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to uny.edu/employment/system-instructions/ for information
November 6, 2019
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative support, assist, assistant, front desk, front office, operation, operational assistant, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...