Hardware / Systems Technician (up to 50% travel) - TS/SCI with Poly
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Travel Required: 10-25% Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
* This req is not yet funded. Funding is dependent upon award of work.
This position is will perform numerous functions to include Systems Administration, Property/Asset Management, Testing, and Configuration Management functions. This position will require worldwide travel.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems
- Helps maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products
- Coordinates hardware and software installation and provides backup recovery
- Monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Participates in systems testing and document results
- Provides advice and training to end-users
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Monitor IMS and reporting incidents with directives
- Monitor AMs/DMs to determine possible impacts to operations of services
- Monitor and clean-up orphaned tickets
- Monitor and enforce compliance of Incident Management Policy
- Maintain Incident Management policy
- Work to improve situational awareness
- Monitor and facilitate resolution of tickets older than 30 days
- Monitor and facilitate tasks for the Problem Management team
- Control, disseminate and monitor ticket queues
- Draft Service Maintenance/Outage/Restoral Announcements
- Facilitate the creation and submission of after-action reports for major incidents and outages when applicable
- Communicate and coordinate with Incident Managers and/or representatives from other contracts when necessary
- Exercises independent judgement and decision making.
- Participates in special projects as required
Develops and implements system improvements, processes, and procedures and training necessary to manage and protect government and corporate property investments; supervises assigned staff.
- Ensures timely receipt, acquisition, identification, documentation, maintenance, inventory, movement, and storage of property.
- Ensures proper disposition of obsolete and excess assets.
- Participates in the taking of physical inventories, and provides a quarterly inventory report.
- Ensures that periodic reviews are completed to verify that appropriate custodial organizations properly maintain and use property, and that records are properly maintained.
The ideal candidate will support software testing, QA, and CM activities. Reviews and evaluates software products and systems to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards. Develops software/systems testing procedures and conducts tests.
- Work with software developers and engineers to understand requirements, identify test scope and acceptance criteria for release components
- Follow QA release checklist
- Provide QA input to improve installation guides and general deployment documentation
- Develop and update technical documentation such test reports
- As needed, provide other QA related and Configuration Management (CM support
This position will provide full life-cycle support to multiple IT related projects. Candidates for this position should demonstrate problem solving skills, organizational and time management skills, and the ability to communicate effectively. Candidates will manage multiple IT projects working closely with engineering teams.
- Provide support to the development, review, and delivery of project deliverables
- Configuration Management of project deliverables
- Identify, analyze, define, and coordinate user, customer and stakeholder needs and translates them into functional and system-level requirements.
- Participate in deployment reviews to provide input on functional/system-level requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2+ years of related IT experience preferably including systems administration and analysis
TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph is required for this position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following IT skills and characteristics:
- ITIL Foundation (v3) certification
- Knowledge of Service Now or similar ticketing system
- Knowledge of customers Incident and Change management processes
- Knowledge of customers Problem Management process
- Experience with Windows 7 and 10 troubleshooting and deployment
- Experience with Application troubleshooting (Outlook, Excel, Word, Java, Internet Explorer)
- Experience testing in all aspects of the system
- Experience updating test cases and deployment checklists, and identifying defects
- Experience with Configuration Management
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) experience is a plus
- DoD 8570 Certification IAT II is desired (not required)
Related property administration experience
- At least one year of experience with Asset Management (AM).
- Experience with customer procurement processes, and creating purchase orders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple taskings and adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Demonstrated success working individually as well as part of a team including strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers’ challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference – helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...