Data Architect - Allentown, PA
Compensation: $83,690.00 - $125,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Role : Data Architect
Location : Allentown, PA 18101
Duration : 6-12 Months
MOI : Phone and F2F
- Recent experience working with a "big data" project.
- Implementations of both a Data Warehouse and a Data Lake.
- The Data Architect is responsible for owning and providing the necessary strategic thought leadership, technical assurance, data integration, and data governance related to the development, evolution, and delivery of the enterprise information architecture domain as aligned to the business.
Business Alignment and Thought Leadership:
- Work closely with the business and IT organization to ensure alignment of master data rules and the operations of the application meet all requirements
- Develop and implement strategies to translate business requirements and models into feasible and acceptable data warehouse designs to ensure that business needs are met
- Study data sources by interviewing users, defining, analyzing, and validating data objects, examining data applications, data models and data warehouse schema; determining best-fit data interchange methods, assessing middleware tools for data integration, transformation, and routing, and identifying the relationship among data objects
- Own, create, and manage the reference architecture associated artifacts, and design principles for the information and middleware layer, ensuring that key data entities are mapped, visualized and understood
- Design and create enterprise information assets, services, infrastructure, and business systems
- Monitor and analyze new market and industry developments for potential applicability to business needs
- Define and drive information lifecycle management efforts to ensure compliance with information policies and practices
- Plan and document data integration process by developing common definitions of sourced data
- Integrate data shared across legacy and new environments and implement shared databases
- Develop and modify functions, programs, routines, and stored procedures to export, transform, and load data
- Assist in resolving integration issues, data quality problems collaborating with data analysts, subject matter experts (SMEs) and data stewards
- Manage data integration specifications, operational procedures, and data connections
- Improve data integration by designing and evaluating new data interchange formats, improving physical design, and rewriting data policy, standards, and procedures
Master Data Management:
- Lead all aspects of MDM architecture (MDM data model, MDM tools, MDM data integration, master data quality, MDM operations, master data security, etc.)
- Work with business teams to determine which source systems are the best sources of Master Data for the MDM system
- Ensures quality of master data in key systems, as well as, development and documentation of processes with other functional data owners to support ongoing maintenance and data integrity
- Define and implement data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable
- Improve the quality and manage the protection of sensitive data and information assets
- Establish and ensure adherence to enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection
- Serve as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues
Associated topics: data analytic, data engineer, data manager, data management, data quality, database administrator, etl, hbase, mongo database, sybase
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...