The System Administrator is a highly skilled troubleshooter with a broad range of skills to help keep a newly-deployed, complex, Cross-Domain Solution-based system operational. From diagnosing and fixing network issues to providing administrative support for Red Hat workstations and servers, the ideal candidate will enjoy rolling up the sleeves and getting into the weeds to keep the system online and functioning at peak performance. The ability to communicate with highly technical operators and engineers as well as non-technical managers will be essential to the successful candidate in this role.
This role is an integral part of a small team of professionals who will provide on-site support for the operation of a new infrastructure project that has been heavily tested and is ready for operations. The positions will eventually be for 2nd or 3rd shift, but initially 1st shift for training. There is an on-call requirement for this role to support the customer's mission needs.
* Network troubleshooting (primarily layer 2 and layer 3 issues)
* Red Hat Linux system administration, including account maintenance, filesystem troubleshooting, and firewall issues, etc.
* Assist with backup and recovery of system software components
* Occasional delivery of equipment, and sometimes software, to the site
* Provide logistical support during on-site training, demonstrations, etc.
* Assist with troubleshooting database issues (e.g. locked accounts, session locking, etc.)
* Help with the installation of custom and third-party software and hardware patches, firmware updates, etc.
* Managing User accounts
* Implimenting operational and technical security controls
* Communicate with the designers and implementers of the system when necessary to diagnose system-specific issues
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
* Strong understanding of general networking concepts, including layer 2 and layer 3 protocols, router and switch configuration and troubleshooting, and Red Hat networking
* Knowledge of and/or experience with one or more network operating systems (e.g. Cisco IOS, Juniper JunOS, etc.)
* Knowledge of Red Hat system administration, including firewall configuration and user account management
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
Other Skills Preferred:
* Some knowledge of VMware vSphere administration and VM configuration
* Some experience with Cross-Domain Solutions systems
* DoD 8570 AIT Level II Compliant (Security+)
* Knowledge of and/or experience with networking troubleshooting tools like Wireshark (or tcpdump)
* Knowledge of and/or experience with one or more relational database systems, such as PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL, etc.
* Experience working with military personnel
Qualifications Requires Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience. Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience 13-15 years w/High School Diploma
07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree
04-06 years w/Masters Degree
Position Type Full-Time Shift Day Overview ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
Apply Now Save to cart
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) ###-####. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click ...@mantech.com and provide your name and contact information.
? 2010 ManTech International Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Associated topics: equipment, maintenance, network, network administrator, router, scom sccm, system administrator, system center configuration manager, system center operations manager, tcp ip