A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job. About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's , SNICKERS , TWIX , MILKY WAY , DOVE , PEDIGREE , ROYAL CANIN , WHISKAS , EXTRA , ORBIT , 5 , SKITTLES , UNCLE BEN'S , MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA . Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl , VCA and Pet Partners . Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom - inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This role is necessary to lead cross functional teams to develop network technical controls to protect Mars' information assets. Additionally, this role is a deep technical subject matter expert that can determine the proper course of action in the event of a security incident. Develop technical recommendations to support team strategy. Write technical security standards and train other teams on how to support the standards. This role is responsible for performing security assessments to identify and track these risks. This position will be responsible for working with project teams and vendors to ensure they have the proper IT security in place to minimize the risk of Mars being impacted by a successful attack.
- Input into the creation of global strategic roadmaps within security technology
- Develop security standards, ensure global acceptance and adherence
- Create designs for global security technology in alignment with strategy
- Lead implementation of major security technologies for Mars Inc.
- Tier 3 support role for incidents related to deployed security technologies
- Manage inventory of Mars technical security controls to ensure adoption and for enhancements
- Member of incident response team to assist in closing of security incidents
- Responsible for performing security assessments for internal and external projects. The assessment must include identifying security gaps and partnering with the project teams to agree corrective actions or compensating controls to remediate them.
- Evaluate the security of vendors and hosted solutions based on approved security standards. Determine risk and potential impact based on emerging security threats
- Perform risk assessments, security audits, vulnerability assessments and/or gap analysis as required
- Conduct PCI audits
- Perform web application security testing.
- Create metrics & reporting for the program
Context and Scope:
- Knowledge of vendor landscape and capabilities.
- Technical expertise in their functional security technologies and knowledge of Mars platforms. Strong internal relationships including platform development.
- Leverage project management skills to deliver new technologies.
- Analyse and rank risks. Schedule follow up meetings with project teams and vendors to discuss remediation and track progress.
- Document residual risk and risk acceptance
- Produce vendor security metrics for senior management.
- Continually enhance program to protect against new threats
- Partner with commercial & Enterprise Architecture teams to identify projects requiring assessments. Work to embed security assessment in existing processes
Education & Professional Qualification:
- University degree (engineering/IT/computer science) or equivalent work experience, CISSP.
- 5+ years work experience implementing IT technologies, significant experience with security infrastructure technologies and malware remediation.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Associated topics: director, executive director, healthcare, lead, manage, management, medical director, medical practice administrator, practice manager, shift lead