Business Analyst, Web Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The Business Analyst will play a crucial role in the implementation of various Silgan-developed web applications. Our web application team is fast-paced and high-energy delivering feature rich applications, not only to the consumer, but also to the enterprise. This role will perform analysis, document and validate business and functional requirements, and work with web development teams to present system and functional design documentation for business solutions. The Business Analyst will specialize in web applications and will work closely with the business to ensure a seamless discovery and development process from concept to delivery of solutions. This position requires knowledge of Agile development concepts and the ability to apply those concepts in a web development team.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for defining, analyzing, validating and documenting business requirements, needs and processes.Essential Job Functions:
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Translate stakeholder needs into clearly defined and detailed technical requirements
- Facilitate working sessions with cross-functional project teams
- Perform system analysis and subsequent design for projects
- Create, evaluate and update documentation for customer needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify software
- Maintains all business rules and use cases for specific applications and application interactions
- Manages all documentation related to new product implementation and existing product changes i.e. project summaries, procedures, etc.
- Frequent demonstration of functionality progress with key business users
- May evaluate proposed software or software enhancements for feasibility
- Performs scenario-based testing
- Help define both the short-term needs and the long-term vision and strategy the technology products or websites
- Develop measurable business objectives and ensure solutions align with customer business objectives
- Help define and refine working processes to maximize efficiency in constantly evolving environments.
- Technical report writing
- Communicates and collaborates effectively and on a continuous basis with all stakeholders, both internally and externally, regarding the progress of projects, risks, changes, and timelines in an effort to mitigate risk and stakeholder impact.
- Willing to travel up to 20% with the understand that during aggressive implementations travel may exceed this level
- Perform other duties as assigned
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- Bachelor's degree required; degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a business analysis capacity
- 1+ year of experience working with a web development team
- Excellent time management, writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people (executives, managers, plant personnel, etc.)
- Proven ability to function successfully within a team environment and to build consensus across multiple teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into clear business requirements
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to networking problems and issues
- Ability to support multiple work assignments, to adapt and think creative
- Experience participating in an Agile environment preferred
- Edwards - Enterprise One exposure, a plus
- Knowledge of Angular development tools preferred
- Working experience on Agile methodology and tools like Jira / Confluence preferred
- Experience with prototype tools like wire-framing desired
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an 'at-will basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status. Silgan is a drug-free workplace.Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...