Compensation: $117,080.00 - $167,630.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The objective of the Systems Engineer (SE) is to provide superb customer service reflecting the client-centric and quality focused mission of through the direct provision of remote and on-site support to our clients. The Systems Engineer is accountable for the overall technical status of the account, and the customer satisfaction. The Systems Engineer, will be primarily focused on systems administration, network engineering functions but will be expected to participate in project delivery and provide end user support as necessary.Duties and Essential Role Functions:
- Proactive maintenance, analysis, design, development, documentation, and testing of client network environments through a combination of scheduled onsite and remote work utilizing necessary independent judgment and discretion
- Perform desktop, server and network diagnostic and repairs, including modifications to various operating systems
- Project Deployment the SE will work with assigned project leads and Project managers, working assigned tasks and within defined project scope and milestones to ensure the successful deployment of I.T. projects for our clients.
- Analyze system performance to identify deficiencies and help develop and recommend solutions for improvement, to maximize the design of client s networks. The SE will at time have final level approval of proposed solutions for their assigned clients.
- Level 2 Escalation - Provide Subject matter expertise to diagnose and remedy server, network and end user issues that are escalated by Clients, client stakeholders and/or other members of the service Delivery team
- Participate in technical discussions with clients and client stakeholders that impact the client s business continuity and growth.
- Introduce new network related technology trends, make recommendations and develop plans for the future of the client s network infrastructure.
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise in focused area(s) as local team, market and Regional needs dictate. Will be required to contribute to peer training activities.
- Professionally document all work performed and submit accurate timecards on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of client s network environment and supporting material that ensures consistent quality remote support by any member of the Service Delivery Team.
- Identification of new revenue opportunities, primarily via projects, within their assigned clients
- Effective Utilization target of 93%
- Timely escalation of issues that prevents the SE from performing the above job functions.
- Participate in the on call rotation that may include off hours onsite visits
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- At least one of the following industry certifications is required:
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008
- 1 Core Exam towards MCSA Server 2012
- MCTS: Exchange 2010
- 1 core exam towards MCSE: Messaging (Exchange 2013)
- CompTIA Server+
- MCITP: Office 365 Administrator
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
- Advanced certifications may be substituted in lieu of the above requirement based on staffing needs.
- Minimum of 3 years experience supporting and installing Windows Desktop operating systems (Windows XP and above)
- Minimum of 3 years experience supporting and installing Microsoft server Operating systems (Windows Server 2003 and above)
- Ability to install and support network infrastructure equipment per standards
- Good understanding of and practical support experience of Firewall appliances and services (Cisco ASA and/or SonicWall NexGen models highly preferred). Deployment experience considered a plus.
- Good understanding of and practical deployment experience of the following protocols and networking services: TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs(Site to Site, Client to site and SSL), VLANs, ACLs, Routing, Layer 2 & Layer 3 Switching.
- Advanced knowledge and proven record deploying and supporting Microsoft Office applications (Minimum Office 2007, Office 2010 or above preferred)
- Good understanding of and practical deployment experience of Client Mobile messaging devices including Blackberry, iPhone, Android handhelds and Tablets.
- Good understanding of and practical support experience of Server Mobile messaging technologies including Blackberry Enterprise Server and Active Sync.
- Good understanding of and practical administration experience in Microsoft Exchange 2007 and above
- Good understanding of and practical installation and administration experience of Backup and disaster recovery processes, software and hardware
- Good understanding of WLAN, and Wireless security concepts
- Basic understanding of and practical administration experience in Virtualized environments (VMware and/or Hyper V preferred)
- Advanced understanding of and practical deployment experience of Client Mobile messaging devices including Blackberry, iPhone, Android handhelds and Tablets.
- Proven troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to communicate with users over the phone and provide remote support and using a variety of remote support tools
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter function autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Strong team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain technical issues in clear and understandable language
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated dedication to consistent quality
- Possess valid and clear drivers license and have access to a good working car and/or other form of reliable transportation as required
- Daily interaction with team members and a variety of clients. The SE works closely with the Engineering Team Lead and Client Account stakeholders to ensure consistent quality service Delivery.
- Must be aware of and make best use of proper escalation procedure for technical and non-technical client issues in order to achieve timely quality resolution and client satisfaction.
The majority of work will be performed at client locations which may vary in terms of quality of workspace. Must be able to lift, carry, and reposition all parts of user workstations, servers, network appliances, printers and other information technology equipment as required. Consecutive hours spent at a time sitting in front of computer monitor and using keyboard and mouse. Frequent driving or commuting from one client location to another is required.
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...