Job Role: DB2 LUW Admin
Location: Quincy, MA
- UDB DBA with strong skills on Installs, configure, and validate DB2 latest release across multiple environments.
- Experienced with Unix Shell Scripting, Backup/Archiving and DB Administration
- Expertise in SQL, Database Design, Database performance Tuning and Modeling
- Experienced Windows, Unix and Linux environment such as vi editor, scripting, crontab etc.
- Installation, configuration of DB2 LUW, Replication, HADR etc.
- Worked with Pure Scale, DB2 partitioning, Federation etc.
- Create and maintain database standards.
- Proactively monitor server and database process health to ensure availability and performance.
- Experience in DB tools like OPM, IBM Data Server Manage
- Engineering on New DB2 features and IBM tools.
- Should have experience in Producing technical documentation.
- Exposure to Production support & implementation support experience on Unix/AIX platforms.
- Good exposure to UDB DBA maintenance activities like reorgs, runstats, back-up, restore, expanding and reducing the tablespaces etc.
- Experience in closely working with application performance issues in production environment
- Experience in working with IBM for support / Raising PMR
- Good hands on experience on UDB 9.7 & 10.1 versions and above
- Good knowledge on Capacity planning & forecasting
- Ability to understand and remediate production issues on fly and conduct the Root cause analysis.
- Able to Perform Installations, version Upgrades & Fix Packs on DB2 UDB databases.
- Exposure on DR test & strategies like Failover Clustering, Log Shipping, Replication, HACMP, BCV, SRDF and Mirroring.
- Knowledge on ITIL Methodologies like Change, Incident, Problem, Service Management using BMC Remedy
- Should have ability to work closely with IBM-PMR to resolve any ongoing production issues.
- Assembling and coordinating project staff including on site resources and outsourced resources Support for Hardware Software Upgrade (HSR) involving AIX, Storage and UDB Upgrades at the same time.
- Experience on DPF ( Database Partitioning Facility)
- Working knowledge storage utilities like TSM & Netbackup
- Scripting knowledge on Shell & Ansible
- Bachelor's degree in concern field
- Qualification: 3-7 years (2 years min relevant experience in the role); Engineering or equivalent degree
- Relevant Certifications in IBM DB2 LUW
Thanks & Regards,
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: administrative, administrative coordinator, administrative secretary, assistant, associate, counsel, facility, front desk, secretary, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...