Cloud / Data Center Solutions Architect (Norristown)
Compensation: $83,690.00 - $125,470.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Description Cloud / Data Center Solution Architect
The Cloud / Data Center Solution Architect reports directly to SAIC's State & Local Government West (SLW) Chief Architect. The Cloud / Data Center Solution Architect will be based in Orange County and will support SAIC's current customers in California by conceptualizing and designing public and hybrid cloud, and data center, solutions, as well as to support business development efforts for cloud and data center managed services for government clients within the western United States. Primary Responsibilities:
You will act as a lead architect for public and hybrid cloud, and data center solutions. Responsibilities include performing evaluations of cloud and data center technologies, tools, products, and solutions in consideration of our customers' requirements.
You will provide strategic and technical knowledge for enterprise cloud and data center architecture to address the challenges of providing innovative and transformative public and hybrid cloud and data center solutions supporting SAIC's work for state and local governments. You will be responsible for identifying explicit and implicit business needs and for ascertaining the cloud or data center solution that best meets these needs by working closely with both business and technology stakeholders to help make rational, innovative, and transformative design decisions that will best achieve business value. You will work with SAIC data center engineers to propose and/or validate recommendations to refresh or upgrade data center infrastructure.
You will help drive proof of concept activities and be responsible for the production of roadmaps, design documents and other technical project related artifacts.
A complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and cloud concepts is required for this position along with general knowledge of data center infrastructure. Your assignments are in the form of objectives and you must be skilled at working with others to establish and achieve goals that will meet those objectives. Qualifications Required Qualifications
Desired Qualifications Desired Qualifications
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience or Master's and twelve (12) years or more of related experience. Will consider a High school education and an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Hands-on experience with hybrid cloud architectures, public cloud deployment and operations, technical and security architecture, virtualization, workload assessments, technical solution architecture, Amazon AWS GovCloud and Microsoft Azure Government Cloud
- Working knowledge of cloud management platforms
- Familiarity with service design and pricing in the context of cloud-based solutions
- Working knowledge of hyper-converged infrastructure (e.g., Cisco HX, Dell EMC VXRail), virtualization (e.g., VMware) and storage/backup technologies (e.g., HP 3PAR/Nimble, Dell EMC Data Domain, Rubrik)
- Experience with migrating application or infrastructure services to AWS or Azure Government Cloud environments
- Proven ability to quickly build collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills--able to document and present solutions, and to communicate with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization.
- Professional cloud solutions architect certification
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification or experience with best practices in an IT managed services environment
- Cisco CCNP certification and/or LAN/WAN network architect experience
- Experience with cloud-based application programming interfaces or disaster recovery
- Experience with the implementation or operation of Azure Active Directory or Microsoft Identity Manager
- Experience with monitoring of data center or cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience in hands-on systems administration of data center or cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience working in state and/or local government business settings
- Experience writing technical proposals
- Experience developing cost estimates for cloud migration or data center infrastructure implementation initiatives
My SAIC Benefits . - provided by Dice
Associated topics: data administrator, data analyst, data integration, data management, data warehouse, data warehousing, database administrator, erp, sql, teradata
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...