SAIC is seeking a highly qualified Senior Software Engineer - Java for a large-scale agile software development and integration project with a Federal government agency.
Software Engineer Senior - Java Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Design and develop complex applications and solutions for a large enterprise-wide software application for the Federal Government.
* Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
* Work effectively with diverse teams in a fast paced environment.
* Contribute to team meetings and the overall engineering process.
* Coordinate multiple tasks within a team and thoroughly understand the entire software development life cycle (SDLC).
* Member of the agile development team and participate in the agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, iteration reviews, and retrospectives.
* Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
* Identify bottlenecks and defects, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
* Help maintain quality, organization, and automation of the platform's code and data.
* In coordination with the Chief Engineer, plan and conduct software architecture assessments that examine server-side, client-side, and database system configuration and performance.
* Identify areas of instability and deviations from best practices among application components.
* Provide guidance and recommendations on software design and development best practices to junior team members.
* Work with complex databases and building moderate to complex SQL statements.
* Implement unit testing and test driven development.
* Use CA Agile Central daily to track tasks.
* Demonstrate analytical capabilities, strong writing skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
* Use quality management tools such as CA Agile Central, Subversion, Jenkins, SonarQube.
* Use automation test and/or framework (Selenium, Postman, Jmeter, SoapUI, etc.).
* Use analytical skills to uncover root causes to issues.
Software Engineer Senior Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
* Seven (7) years or more developing solutions for complex, enterprise-level software development and integration projects.
* At least five years of experience working within the Agile Scrum methodology to develop enterprise-level web applications in a Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) environment.
* At least five years of experience using the following technology and program languages: Java, Java EE, Visual Basic, Spring/IoC, Hibernate, JPA, Spring Data, Domain Modeling, RESTFul Web Services/ RESTEasy, Junit, Logg4j, Apache HealthCheck, XML, JSON, SQL, Architectural Patterns, Design Patterns, JEE framework, EJB services.
* At least five years of experience using the following development tools and servers: Swagger, Java IDE/Eclipse, Maven, JBoss application and Web server, Oracle 11g/12c, SOAP UI/Fiddler
* At least five years of experience using the following standard hardware and operating systems: Microsoft operating systems, RedHat Linux, VMware servers, F5, JBoss, Apache.
* Must be local to the Washington, DC area, or willing to relocate to the Washington, DC area.
* Experience with solr, performance tuning, database normalization, and system fail over and recovery.
* Experience in converting/modernizing applications.
* The candidate must also be able to acquire a Public Trust clearance.
Associated topics: application architect, architect, design, design pattern, develop, lead, maven, perl, php, senior software developer