Technical Writer (1912217399)
Compensation: $60,870.00 - $96,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Title: Technical Writer
Location: Allentown, PA
Duration: Contract to Hire Possible: 8 Months +Job Summary:
Contract to Hire Possible: 8 Months +There are 3 positions for this role. 2 will be at the Walbert Office and 1 will be at the Windsor Office.Work location: PPL Walbert Office: 1639 Church Rd. Allentown, PA 18104 & PPL Windsor Office : 7231 Windsor Drive Allentown, PA 18106
- Perform technical writing and documentation editing in support of Work Methods/Procedures group and Environmental Compliance at our Technical Development and Improvement center (TDI). A Technical writer will update/create procedures, spill manuals, Distribution Department Instructions (DDI's), and other similar technical documents or as otherwise directed by following our Procedural Governance Program.
Please answer to the prescreening question;
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Word. In conjunction with using those programs, the ability to follow job aides for document creation, editing, and uploading. O365 experience would be a plus.
- Self-directed individual whom can gather and interpret information obtained from Subject Matter Experts (SME's). From information given be able to create field instructions by following PPL's Procedural Governance Program format.
- Good communication skills between co-workers and other departments, both verbally and written.
- Utilities experience would be a plus but is not required.
- How much experience do they have with creating/editing documents in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Word
- Do they have technical writing experience. Majority of job will not be creating new content but taking information obtained from SME's and update existing documents
- Ability to work on a computer for 8 hour shift (primary function creating and editing documents)
- (Can they sit for 8 hours behind a computer)
Associated topics: documentation, documentation specialist, excel, file, log, msword, ms office, technical writer, technical writing, writer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...