Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations - Marketing Director
Type: Full Time
$103,915.00 - 205,690.00
Tenneco Inc. has recently acquired Federal-Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco's Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul's Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe, Walker, Wagner, Champion, Fel-Pro and MOOG. The company's broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for a Product Associate who will be responsible to help support our Exhaust Business unit in Southfield Michigan. This person will be part of our product marketing and sales team and report directly to our Sr. Product Manager for Walker Exhaust.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
* Understanding of core business structures and processes.
* Responsible for multi-channel management of the product line development and execution, including pricing and sales support activities.
* Align and organize new launch plans with Engineering group, Production planning, Sales Leaders (specifically key accounts teams), Content and Brand teams.
* Develop continued new product line plans. This will include the coordination of product line volume forecasts, part number releases, etc. for all channels of distribution.
* Report on progress in achieving budgeted volume, market share, product line mix, and gross margin. Responsible for corrective action recommendations to achieve budget expectations.
* Make presentations, including business cases for management approval, product plans to internal groups and category plans to customers.
* Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
* Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
* Drive achievement of strategic revenue and margin objectives.
* Ensure on-going technology assessment within the context of the competitive landscape for the relevant product line or category.
* Work with strategy and market intelligence group to develop understanding of key market drivers, issues and players in opportunity categories and segments.
* Evaluate competitive market offerings.
* Product development and design to ensure the product is differentiated from competitors' and in line with a consistent product line vision.
* Manage products and ranges throughout all stages of product lifecycle - conception, definition, development, release, and post-release activities (sales monitoring, NPI, etc.).
EDUCATION: Bachelor in Business Administration or equivalent experience
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 1-3 years' experience in marketing, category management or product management.
* 1-3 years of work experience within, product management, business development, sales or engineering.
* Expertise in the creation and use of spreadsheets, databases and presentations.
* Effective communication skills to convey key concepts/strategies across organization groups.
* Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
* Understand basic manufacturing process and bill of materials.