Quality Assurance Analyst (Havertown)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Our Government client is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst on a renewable 12 months contract in Harrisburg, PA.
Position Quality Assurance Analyst
The agency requires the services of a Quality Assurance Analyst to assist the business analysis staff in testing the gathered and documented system functional and business requirements for new development projects and enhancements to existing applications and users. This consultant would also be expected to gather and document any additional requirements discovered as part of testing.
The agency IT utilizes both waterfall and agile project methodologies. As such, experience with both waterfall and agile project methodologies will be preferred.
- Develops user acceptance test scripts.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures using Microsoft Test manager or any other software tools as required
- Conducts system testing
- Reviews and approves test results performed.
- Prepares system change requests.
- Troubleshoots system, data, or process problems.
- Executing all aspects of quality assurance and testing to ensure the highest possible quality in software and other IT systems releases into the production environment.
- Provide feedback for production deployment review relating to production deployments readiness.
- Work with other Department bureaus and BIT members to identify, assess and coordinate the resolution of technical testing and quality assurance problems and issues.
- Create and execute an end-to-end test plan
- Manage all activities in the test plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
- Responsible for testing the solution in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other internal and/or external systems.
- Attend requirements gathering and requirements review meetings to gain an understanding of the product to be tested.
- Actively participate in business requirement and functional specification reviews by identifying and resolving any inconsistencies or insufficiencies.
- Documenting requirements and updating documentation with any insufficiencies found in the business requirements/functional specifications.
- Provide periodic reviews of testing results to cross-functional team members and management team.
- Prepares queries and reports using various reporting software packages (Microsoft SQL (queries), Microsoft SSRS, Visual Studio or SSIS)
- Fundamental knowledge of Data Warehouse Concepts
- Performs related work as required.
Required / Desired Skills:
- Required: Experience with entire software development life cycle and test cycles- 7 years
- Required: Write effective manual test cases and test scripts 7 years
- Required: Gathering, document and testing of business requirements 7 years
- Required: Gathering, document and test functional requirements 7 years
- Required: Experience with SQL scripting for data warehouses and ETLs 5 years
- Required: Ability to extract data from relational databases 5 years
- Required: Ability to validate batch processes using ETL and ensuring source to target data migration is successful 5 years
- Required: Generate and validate Power BI and SSRS reports 5 years
- Highly Desired: Change management 3 years
- Highly Desired: Agile Development Methodology 3 years
- Highly Desired: Experience using Microsoft Test Manager 3 years
- Highly Desired: Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) 3 years
Vector Consulting, Inc., (Headquartered in Atlanta) is an IT Talent Acquisition Solutions firm committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 1990, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value. Our continuing growth has been and continues to be built around successful relationships that are based on our organization's operating philosophy and commitment to ** People, Partnerships, Purpose and Performance - THE VECTOR WAY
Celebrating 25 years of service
- provided by Dice
Associated topics: performance test, process, prevent, quality assurance, quality assurance analyst, quality assurance engineer, quality assurance lead, software quality assurance engineer, test engineer, tester
Loading some great jobs for you...